Follow these steps if you’ve been in a car accident
Click here to access a list of frequently asked questions regarding an auto loss.
If you’ve had an auto accident, try to remain calm and follow these steps:
- Call 911 to report any injuries and the accident.
- Don’t accept fault for the accident and do not leave the scene, until a police officer advises you to do so.
- Turn on your hazard lights and when possible use flares, cones, or warning triangles.
- For minor accidents, move cars out of the road.
- Exchange contact information including: name, phone number, insurance information, driver’s license and license plate number.
- Document as much as possible while at the scene and take pictures of the accident with your cell phone.
- Notify McSweeney & Ricci or your insurance company directly.
Follow these steps if you've had a property loss
If you’ve had a loss to your home or business, try to remain calm and follow these steps:
- Make sure the premises are safe and secure. Report any crime to the police.
- Don’t alter the condition of the property before an adjuster inspects it. However, make temporary repairs to prevent further damage if possible and save any receipts for your repair purchases.
- Prepare a list of lost or damaged items and take pictures of damage with your cell phone.
- Contact McSweeney & Ricci or your insurance company directly.
Email a member of our Claims Team, for more information or with any claim questions you may have.
Excellent customer service! Insurance claims are no fun, but over the past 10 months I have to file for extensive property damage from a winter storm, a flooded basement and also a totaled car…McSweeney & Ricci has provided me with peace of mind through their compassionate, constant follow ups, and making me know I’m a valued customer. They did everything in their power to provide a prompt turnaround time. I would highly recommend this company!