Corona Chronicles: July 8th Edition.
We hope everyone enjoyed the Independence Day holiday. Hopefully, you got a little extra time off, some rest and relaxation, and at least a little taste of normalcy over the holiday weekend.
As we prepare our offices for a staggered return of our staff, we are keeping connected to you during the COVID-19 pandemic by continuing our weekly “We’re Connected” blogs.
With people working remotely, everyone is missing the company of co-workers and the social interaction. Visiting loved ones while social distancing, can leave people feeling isolated. Shared connections with people can help lessen feelings of isolation.
We’re keeping connected during COVID-19! Despite being physically separated, many of us are experiencing similar things. Our “We’re Connected” blog series features a different McSweeney & Ricci team member each week, and describes their experiences through the Coronavirus crisis. Keeping Connected during this stressful time, is one of the ways we will make it through this together!
This week our blog features, Vice President of Commercial Lines, Nancy Matanes!
Meet Nancy Matanes!
Nancy Matanes is Vice President of our Commercial Lines Department, which is our Business Insurance Division. Since the start of the Coronavirus crisis, Nancy has been busy meeting with the business insurance companies we represent and with her McSweeney & Ricci Commercial Lines team via phone conferences and zoom meetings.
Since our Braintree, Marshfield and Cohasset offices have been closed to the public (by appointment only), Nancy has been working remotely from her home office in Berkley, Massachusetts. She has also made regular visits into our Braintree office location, for necessary appointments with clients.
Here are Nancy’s experiences during the COVID crisis:
- What has been most challenging for you during the Corona pandemic? “I miss the comradery with co-workers most of all – the insurance jokes fall flat at home!”
- What has been something positive you’ve experienced during the Coronavirus crisis? “My mom has Alzheimer’s and lives with me – this time has been a gift.”
- What is one tip that you would give people right now during this challenging time? “I think we have all learned so much at this point – and everyone says the same thing – schedule and boundaries. You need to “go” to work and you need to “go” home – I am fortunate to have a dedicated office space so that is “work.” I also really benefit from having the same morning routine… I lost that for awhile when getting ready and driving to work were no longer a reality.”
We’re Here For You!
Our offices may be closed to the public, but #werehereforyou! Our entire staff, continues working remotely and is available to provide you with trusted advice, complete insurance protection, and contactless service to keep you safe!
Please contact us with any questions you may have. Stay safe and stay healthy!
Ways to Reach Us:
- Call (844) 501-1359
- Email your Account Manager directly by using the first letter of first name/last name and @mcsweeneyricci.com (for example: email@example.com)
- Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Us via our website
- Live Chat with us on our website